Pink & Orange: On the Street & On the Stands

Monday, March 24, 2008

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

I guess it was a little too close deadline-wise for Lucky to have been inspired a la J.Crew by this Sartorialist image for its April 2008 cover with Hilary Duff, but his image was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it.

I like The Sartorialist outfit better! Maybe it’s because Hilary looks so uncomfortable in those clothes…and I just don’t know how great the outfit would look in person. It just looks so….DONE.

Sorry about the late post today – my internet at home has been more down than up and I’m at a cafe now. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Comments

If you would like to make a comment, please fill out the form below.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Comments

6 Comments so far
  1. ms. spinach March 24, 2008 6:04 pm

hilary’s pose reminds me of the way my friends and i used to stand in sixth grade. throw in a couple of rope bracelets, some mint green reeboks and a desperate need to look cooler and… yep, that’s it!

2. Ann March 25, 2008 10:16 am

I actually love what Hillary Duff is wearing. And yes, I’m having an existential crisis after typing that sentence!!!
    I just hate the way she is posed in this picture! I’m really sick of these ‘i’m a scared little girl in the big bad world’ poses!!!
    But, I probabaly like outfit because it could work on a lot of body types. As long as you had these pieces in the right sizes!!! There’s nothing worse than too tight accordion pleat!!

3. rachel March 25, 2008 11:16 am

Funniest thing is, I woke up this morning and noticed that I’d worn bright pink undies and an orange tank top to bed.

Aaand I just typed undies. The more I look at it, the weirder it sounds.

4. suicide_blond March 25, 2008 12:16 pm

ohh…pink and orange is my go to color combo ..when i want to reallly kill it…it is fun.. professional and fashion forward all at the SAME time…
    xoxo

5. L March 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Hilary Duff is not what I think of when I think fashion or “chic”… and her pose/smile is so forced it makes me cringe. Agreed on everything you said!

6. T-fab March 27, 2008 5:26 pm

OK – I’m all about pink and orange (I like to call it porange, or orank) but does no one else think that it looks like she hit some sort of chinchilla/ferret rabid lanky beast on the road and draped it over her shoulders to carry to the vet? WTF is that thing?!?!?